Friday, August 30, 2013

The Book of Mormon

I just finished my first full, real, meaningful reading of The Book of Mormon since beginning the recovery process last year. I began it in January and told myself I would finish two weeks ago when a friend went home from his mission...well I made it today! And it was a truly wonderful experience.

I truly came to know my Savior, Jesus Christ much better and my loving Heavenly Father in a way that I didn't know before. I know the Book of Mormon is true and is another testament of Jesus Christ. It is beautiful to be able to find it out for yourself! I am so filled with gratitude and humility for the opportunity that this experience provided me. I do look forward to further meaningful study from this inspired book that truly holds Christ at the center of it.

While I was reading the final two chapters tonight my soul became exhausted by the accounts of wickedness that the people descended in to as they disobeyed and forgot God and His commandments. And then I came upon these two verses:
.
Moroni 9:25-26

"25...be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.
26 And may the grace of God the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen."

Even though hard times and hard news may harrow up our thoughts, let them rest in Christ and His eternal love and care for us. Our loving Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ have sacrificed so much on our behalf that we may choose to be happy or have and find peace. Hopefully I will remember this lesson the next time my soul becomes wearied.

1 comment:

  1. Michael and I were kind of talking about this the other night and remembered the Mormon Message of Elder Nelson's talk Men's Hearts shall fail them. It really does comes down to our faith in Christ and our courage. Thank you Katie!!

    ReplyDelete